Thursday, September 16, 2010

WHY FANS ARE WORRIED




I can sit here all day and talk about how the season is far from over and the Yankees are fine. But the truth is I'm worried. The Rays are overpowering and in the past, that was the Yankees. No matter how late in the game it was, the Yankees always game back. The truth is, they're not that team right now and after the upcoming Baltimore series, I'm concerned that if they don't get ahead early in games, they won't have the spark in the late innings to get the win.

A-Rods strikeout on 3 pitches last night looked like a little leaguer overpowered by the best pitcher in the league. Everyone knew where Soriano was going to throw it, but Alex looked uncomfortable and like, dare I say, Austin Kearns.

Which brings me to my next point. Attitude is key and I've always believed that pumping the fist after you strike out your opponent or even showing frustration when you don't get your hit is a key element to the game and it puts a fire in the belly of your team. Austin Kearns, while I loved him on the Indians, it was the Indians. He doesn't fit on the Yankees. He's the Craig Wilson of 2010 (remember him?). No emotion. He walks up to the plate with no confidence. It looks like he's expecting to get struck out. It looks like he's mad for getting traded to the Yankees and he's trying to get back at them. (Just kidding on that point, no conspiracies here.)

And let's analyze Lance Berkman. To me, Berkman looks like he's 53 years old out there. While he's been hitting as of late, Cashman brought him to New York for his big bat and defense to give Teixeria a day off. Well, last time I checked, Tex was playing with a broken toe which shows me they have no faith in Berkman.

I don't mean to sound doom and gloom. At the end of the day, I'm confident in my Yankees and I will root for them every single game until the end. But what we have here is a team trying to repeat after a magical 2009 where everything went right.

Maybe if I stop trying to compare the 2 years in my head, I'll be ok, but until then I'm noticing some cracks and wondering if they will ever be mended in time for some big end of the year series games against the Rays and Sox before the playoffs... And beyond.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017