Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WHY THERE'S A CASE FOR MOSELEY


This is totally out there, but I've been thinking about the Yankee rotation all day and I am alittle concerned. Pitching Sabathia seems desperate to me.


On one hand, I know CC is the man and we can pitch great tonight, clinch tonight and we all feel better. But, on the other hand, using him tonight really screws us for the end of the week. Why you ask? This is why. If he pitches tonight, we techinically shouldn't be using him Friday and if we get to the playoffs, then we need CC on regular rest for next week. Right? So... here it goes... Why not hand to ball to Moseley tonight? I mean, it's not not he's pitched that badly for us in any of the starts he made. (Only one comes to mind). He's gone between 4 and 6 innings anyway in all of his starts, that's not much worse then the real starters this past week. So what does it matter?


Now, I know what people are going to say: If he loses, then what? Good point, it's a continuing unraveling of the rotation. Does Pettitte then pitch? Do you hand the ball to CC tomorrow if Moseley loses tonight? I get it, more questions, less answers.


But, how about this? What if Moseley wins tonight? We clinch the playoff spot. Then CC goes on regular rest. Everybody's happy.


Look, I really don't know the answer. This just came to me today. My mind is cluttered with all different scenerios and It's really taking a toll on me. Last year at this time I don't remember feeling this anxious. Everything was clicking. This year... it's a whole new ball game... that's for sure.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017