Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WHY THE YANKS HAVE A CLEAN SLATE


Click click click. That's the sound I usually hear when I watch my Yankees win. That's the sound I heard tonight. Thank the good Lord. Great work CC, 8 strikeouts and 21 wins. You are the man! Great speed Brett Gardner. Nice triple in the fifth. I love your speed. You need to use it more. I love the way we took a quick lead and I love that we kept adding to it. With stability on the mound, we were unstoppable. So...we're in. Let the champagne flow. Now we can all relax and think about the post season.


"CC has been our ace all year long," Girardi said before the game. "He's pitched extremely well, so we expect him to go out and do it every time." You're damn right Girardi. But the post season this year is not the post season of last year. Pitching will be an issue this year, no question, but luckily, the Yanks have been here before and know what they have to do.


So what are the positives? The bullpen is stable, the hitting is coming around just in time, and the bench has power and speed. What's dicey? Pitching. Hmm, last time I checked pitching wins ballgames. Tonight was a perfect example.

I'm curious to see what the rotation will be considering CC just pitched us to the clincher. I'm also curious who we'll play. Can we climb back to first place? That's the next goal. I think we can. I tell you what, the Yanks believe in themselves tonight, both on the field and right now, pouring champagne. Winning is addictive and psychological. Celebration means milestones. It means goals. It means success and now momentum is theirs as well. Their confidence is high and everyone in the clubhouse knows what a champion is. They see it in themselves. Granderson, Wood, Logan, Berkman... even the new guys see what is about to happen. They saw the Yankees win last year and they wanted it too. Now they are in the thick of it.


Tonight we celebrate. I will not post anything about tomorrow's game until tomorrow evening. The celebration photos will start flooding the net. I'll post them as they come. Right now, we celebrate. Congratulations New York Yankees. More to come.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017