Tuesday, October 19, 2010

WHY WE'RE DOWN, NOT OUT

The highlight of tonight's game was Frank Sinatra singing New York, New York. Cliff Lee was as advertised and may I say Andy Pettitte, while he made 1 mistake to Josh Hamilton in the first inning, pitched a gem as well.

I really don't know where to start, the Yanks looked flat. There was no pop and no hero like we love our Yankee teams to supply each night. By that disasterous 9th when the Rangers rallied, there were hostile fans, fights and frustration. I know because I was there, in the worst massacre I can remember as a fan AT Yankee Stadium. It looked like a rainy game in May against the Royals in the stands as the Rangers were kicking the crap out of us. . The fans emptied out fast.

We stuck around, we tried to root, but it was now getting cold and we were irritated. A close friend of mine, a baseball insider said it best about tonight "Frankly, I'm more annoyed when we were down 2-0 and we wasted Pettitte's start and couldn't get Lee out of the game.". That is very true, but being there and watching the Rangers stomp on Freddy's still warm memory was just too much for me.

One other thing I noticed tonight which I've never noticed before because I was at the Stadium seeing it live was this: Posada is old. He couldn't catch the ball, he was sluggish, he looked hurt, and sadly, it looked pathetic. He may still have a bat, but his days are numbered. It's sad to say, I hate saying it, but it's true. Crucify me, but everything must come to an end.

Now, tomorrow night, I don't see AJ Burnett pitching Game 4. Right now, if he were to pitch, we're down 3-1 automatic. Then what? CC on regular rest and we pray for a win? No. I'm making a bold prediction, almost a panic move... Pitch CC tomorrow, make the series 2-2, then pitch Hughes or Burnett. And if there's a Game 7, you have Pettitte. That's all I have, I'm defeated, deflated and want to forget tonight.

The highlight were the foolish Texas Rangers fans in our section. A word to the wise; never make losing yankee fans mad. You can root for your team and enjoy the game, but pissing us off only gets them insane and you will get punched, yelled at and probably kicked at. Hence these great pictures and video.








I'm tired and I'm going to bed. I'll pray for the Yanks to win tomorrow, I'll pray like I did when I was a kid, watching them on a rainy May game against the Kansas City Royals. That's a true fan.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017