Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WHY RUMORS ARE FLYING

If there was an opportunity to trade Nick Swisher for a starter better than what we already have competing for the 4th and 5th rotation spots, would you do it? No? What if it was the Cardinals starter Chris Carpenter?

I know, it's a tough call. Many are totally against it. Some may love it. But several would rather deal with what we have in Colon, Garcia and the youngsters than trade the "Bronx Elvis" for a reliable starter. It's funny what happens when tough options are presented.

The Bleacher Report raises the Carpenter for Swisher trade question and I found it to be interesting actually. You can read it HERE.

I'm not saying I'd make the trade, No. You know I love Swish and I'd hate to see him leave the Bronx, but I did hear rumblings about him being on the trade block last October and I wouldn't be surprised if his name is coming up again with the Yankees brass. All I'm saying is the idea, according to The Bleacher Report makes sense. They say this of the Cards:

"Having Dave Duncan would make trading Carpenter easier." This basically means Duncan the pitching coach is a wizard and can make any pitcher great in the Cardinals organization, so losing Carpenter would be no big deal.
They went on the say: "The Cardinals might look into trading Carpenter is to start to immediately retool a team that seems destined to lose the best player in baseball at season's end in Albert Pujols."

This means, in a nutshell that if Pujols doesn't come back to St. Louis, Lance Berkman, who is their left fielder could be moved to first and there would be a hole in the outfield for the Cards.

You see what they mean? Yanks need pitching and the Cards can need outfield help if the above scenerio was to happen.

Look, this theory, while brilliant, I just can't get behind. Yes, you heard it here first! "The Mighty Casey" said it! I have preached pitching for years... Pitching wins Championships, blah blah blah. Yes, it does... but I'd rather not part with Nick Swisher. I know, many would say that outfielders are replaceable. That may be true, but Swisher's not based on his heart and production alone. Add energy to the mix and he's the player you most likely DON'T want to part with.

Yes, The Bleacher Report is smart to float this idea, but fame in New York is hard to part with if your a Yankee fan and it would be damn hard to cut Swish loose. I just don't want to see it happen. Tell me what you think.

By the way, check this out: WE WANT NICK SWISHER TO HOST SNL

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017