Thursday, June 30, 2011

WHY THE STREAK'S ALIVE


(Photo: AP)

CC Monster was the best I’ve seen him and the energy that Cervelli gave behind the plate just made the day electric with the win today at the stadium. The Yankees swept the Milwaukee Brewers and the Yankees did it like professionals. The clean cut New York Yankees, with the lack of facial hair and corporate image of America beat the hairy Brewers who looked sluggish. (Read WHY SCRUFF’S IN TOWN if you don’t know what I’m talking about.) Is it a sign of bigger things to come? I say yes.

Now it’s off to play the New York Mets, who as of late are no slouches and I don’t think they will be this weekend either. I’m not a Mets fan, but I’m also not a hater. I think Reyes is a God right now and I think Citi field destroyed David Wright. I also think Jason Bay was a fool to come to Flushing. That being said, The Mets are the Mets, and my Yankees, well, their job is to keep their winning streak alive and plow over those Mets, plain and simple. But let’s get back to today.

Did I mention that CC was incredible today? He was. 11 wins now this season and for sure, an All-Star pick…right? I mean he has to be at this point, doesn’t he? He pitch 7 2/3 innings and had 13 strikeouts. Plus he pitched part of a combined shutout giving up only 6 hits.

The offense broke down like this; Mark Teixeira homered, what else is new…that was his 300th of his career, way to go Tex. Robinson Cano knocked in 2 with a nice double and Francisco Cervelli had 3 hits and 2 RBI’s. FRANCISCO CERVELLI. Cisco clearly reads Bleeding Yankee Blue and read WHY IT'S CERVELLI'S END, MONTERO'S BEGINNING because it lit a fire under his ass. He had a great game today. Good for him. (By the way, for everyone who thinks I’m serious about thinking Cervelli reads Bleeding Yankee Blue, believe me, I don’t take myself that seriously. That’s sarcasm. The fact that I have to tell you that is silly, but for some reason, people confuse sarcasm with arrogance. Believe me, this is fun stuff, let’s keep it on that level. You know who you are.)

2 moments today I loved. I loved the double steal with Gardner and Swisher today in the 1st inning. That was when Cano knocked in his 2. My other favorite moment, CC Monster striking out Prince Fielder with the bases loaded. Amazing pitching performance right there.

Final Score: Yankees 5 – Brewers 0. Way to go boys, go get the Mets. I like winning streaks and I love the way you’re playing right now, keep up the great work.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017