Sunday, November 27, 2011

WHY BUEHRLE IS IN DEMAND

Mark Buehrle is the perfect free agent candidate to land this off season. It's not about money as much as it is quality and durability. Buehrle isn't looking for 6 years/$120 million...no, Buehrle just wants to pitch and where is key because what Buehrle doesn't want to do, in my opinion, is go to a team that needs to rebuild or needs to try and Win a championship in the year 2015. No, Buehrle needs to go to a team that is already established, that already has an ace and already can win a championship...oh and having Buehrle to contribute, well, that's icing on the cake. What would it take? Well, less than 6 years... 2, maybe 3 years at between $10-13 million a year.

Mark Buehrle is a veteran free agent and for him this time around it's about getting to a ball club and winning. Yes, it's true, the Nationals visited Mark Buehrle at his home (read HERE), but you and I both know that Mark Buehrle is not going to the Nationals...at least that's what I think.Let's be honest, Jayson Werth only went to the Nationals for the money, and the hope and dream that he could lead his team as the face of the franchise to a Championship in 2016. There is no way in hell Jayson Werth saw the Nationals as a sure thing, he saw dollar signs. That's fine, I'm not blasting his decision, I'm giving you the reality. There is no way Buehrle does that. I don't see Buehrle wanting to rebuild, I see Buehrle wanting to be in the thick of it, with guys like CC Monster and Mark Teixeira and Derek Jeter.... hell, who wouldn't want to play with Jeter in their career. The point is, I see Buehrle as a New York Yankee, not a National and not a White Sock, no more.

Right now it is being reported that 13 teams like Mark Buehrle and the White Sox clearly didn't think that was coming. Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun Times has a piece basically outlining how the Sox never expected this much buzz about Buehrle. So, what did they do? They offered Buehrle arbitration so they would at least get compensated if he leaves Chicago. I just had to laugh when I read about Chicago not thinking so many teams would be so interested in Buehrle. How could they not? He's a good pitcher with good talent and he's a veteran who hasn't really broken down. My opinion is Mark Buehrle, while Chicago is his home, would welcome a change of scenery... it may do the body good.You come to BYB for my opinion as well as our analysis. Well, my opinion is simple, Cashman needs to make an offer. True, he needs to see what the market is for a Mark Buehrle so he doesn't over play his hand, but let's face facts, Bleeding Yankee Blue readers know their baseball and if you guys pick Mark Buehrle, like you did Freddy Garcia last winter, I know Mark Buehrle is the smartest market choice. Not only is he cheaper than a CJ Wilson, he's durable, also a lefty and had been a starter for a decade. I'm not saying that's better, I'm just saying it may be the smarter choice, that's all.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017