Tuesday, February 28, 2012

WHY MOTIVATION IS THE KEY TO YANKEE CHAMPIONSHIPS

I was reading that Joe Girardi uses the 2009 World Series celebration as motivation for this year’s New York Yankees. It’s a way to get pumped and to show the team what the goal is. Sure, it’s easy to know the goal, but it’s a different thing when you see it. Visual stimulation like that gives you motivation and gets you pumped. Sure, guys like Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera know the feeling many times over, but other guys have never experienced it and want that feeling. I found this video on line and it's not the professional broadcast, it's an amateur video from the fans perspective and I love it. Check it out:

Girardi was quoted HERE in Bryan Hoch's piece talking about it. Here are some quotes from Joe:

"I talked to them about why we're here, our goals and the importance of keeping your goals in mind when you're going through your work... Spring Training, as we know, can get long at times."

I tell you what, there was something extra special about 2009 for me personally. Sure, 1996 was amazing and I make no apology for taping that game and celebration on my VCR way back in 1996 and watching the celebration over and over again into the wee small hours of the morning crying like a bitch, because, it was very very special to me. But 2009 was just as cool to me. While this time I DVR’ed it, I still get chills watching the celebrations and I get equally pumped. I can only imagine what the guys that play 162 games and then a playoff run feel like. It’s a mighty long season.

In the end, I applaud Girardi... great motivator, I hope it sticks all season long.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017