Friday, June 29, 2012

CLAY RAPADA: BAD THROW, BUT HE'S FORGIVEN

(In Photo: Clay Rapada)
When team's unravel in a game and lose it after they've cruised through the previous 8 innings, finger pointing among fans is insanely popular. Some fans blame the manager, others blame one pitcher or the other and it just escalates into a name calling session. Enough's enough.

I was mad last night when the Yankees lost. It never should have happened. The best part about blogging is I never want to wait to write. Instead, I want my real feelings to come out. I may have come off harsh in YANKEE "TEAM" WIN BECOMES "TEAM" LOSS AFTER SOLID NOVA OUTING, but as I wrote in that post, it was a team loss...25 guys who play to win, and last night they didn't. It sucks, but you turn the page.
One guy who impressed me more than anyone was Clay Rapada who without a doubt feels the worst. He knows he let his team down on what many would suggest was a simple throw to second. Can you blame him for the loss? Sure, he was a big part of it but after the game, being interviewed, one thing's for sure, you knew Clay Rapada was beating himself up more than he needed to. As far as I'm concerned, last night he showed class, he showed passion and he showed fans that he knew he let us down and he was sorry in that post game interview. In all honesty, that's all I needed.
When losses happen, I don't like finger pointing, although I do it too, but I mean specifically from the players. I don't want to hear that this guy should have come in an entire inning and that guy shouldn't have thrown to second. I want to hear that they knew they blew it. I like it when they take their lumps like men and then, they go home and forget. Why? Because this is a 162 game season...if you can't move on from this loss, you might as well not play.

Clay Rapada became a true Yankee last night. Not for his silly throw, but for how it was handled in the clubhouse with the media. I loved how he told the media that he felt bad for putting DRob in a tough spot and he let the team down. Believe me, Clay gives a crap about what the fans think and he knows we love this team. He's done so much right this year, so, as far as last night's bad throw to second is concerned... let's just say, I'm over it. All's forgiven Clay, all's forgiven.

Let's Go Yankees!

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017