Tuesday, February 26, 2013

KEVIN YOUKILIS HAS A BUM HIP

According to Bryan Hoch, and several others today on Twitter, Kevin Youkilis has been scratched from today's Spring Training game. Read Hoch HERE, but in a nutshell, he writes:

"The Yankees have described Youkilis' injury as a sore left oblique, and manager Joe Girardi said that Youkilis should be re-evaluated in a couple of days. Girardi said Youkilis had not been sent for tests.

'Basically, yesterday I had a little cramp,' Youkilis said. 'That just turned into, 'We're going to be precautionary.' I'm fine. I could play today, and I'm perfectly fine, but they were just like, 'No, we're going to sit you out.'

Youkilis said that if this were the regular season, there would be no question about him playing. 


'I don't think it's anything serious,' Girardi said. 'We're being really cautious right now, because we can be.'

Youkilis said that this does not feel like the oblique injuries he has had in the past; he can swing the bat, but the Yankees do not want him to.

'I think I kind of learned my lesson: Don't say you're tight,' Youkilis said. 'It's my first week here, and now I understand the terminology and what to do.'"

I first read about it from David Waldstein in his Tweets below:
Look, they will re-evaluate in a few days and see what happens.  It's not like Youk broke a forearm and it's not like Joba Chamberlain popped him him the face or anything. This is an injury that appears minor at this point.  If anything more develops, we'll tell you. No panicking!!!!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017