Sunday, April 28, 2013

SHADES OF 2009... MINUS THE PIE

Another comeback win in the Bronx... this time Lyle Overbay put us ahead. I'm realizing how important it is to have that first baseman replacement there for Mark Teixeira... Overbay was a smarter choice than Juan Rivera, and the timing was right.

The Yankees swept the Blue Jays in 4 games and I'm not the type to brag, and I won't, but where did all those Blue Jays fans go who were telling me on Twitter that the Yankees season was over before it even began? Again, I'm not bragging, but I did say not the rule the Yankees out, just let the season play out, that's all I said and that's what's happening.


Brennan Bosech cranked out a home run today in the 2nd inning. That was all the Yankees did offensively until Lyle Overbay hit a 2 run shot in the 7th. That put them ahead and just like clockwork, Mariano Rivera shut the door.


Final Score: Yankees 3 - Blue Jays 2 and a 4 game sweep.

There are some nice comebacks this season, real nice and it reminds me a lot of 2009... minus the pie of course.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017