Thursday, February 27, 2014

YOU WANNA SEE A SLIGHTLY YOUNGER JR MURPHY?


My oldest son may have an opportunity to catch this season. A position he's played before, but it's not his primary.  I was doing some research, trying to figure out some quick tips to show him before the season gets underway.  During my research, I came across a terrific series of Catching drills and fundamentals, brought to us by IMG Academy.

Leading the charge is Andy Stewart IMG's catching instructor.  His assistant... was our pal, New York Yankee JR Murphy.



The 6 part video series on YouTube was quite helpful and I just wanted to share this with you because it's one of those things that makes you proud.  So many players go through the system of school, training and hopes and dreams of making it to the Bigs.  My son has those dreams, your kids do too... but so did JR Murphy.  Murphy made it!


From all of us here at Bleeding Yankee Blue, we applaud Murphy and his hard work... and we're glad he's with the New York Yankees.

I hope he's able to stay there for a long, long time.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017