Monday, December 29, 2014

SHAWN KELLEY TRADED!

In the Yankees new quest to get younger, things are continuing to happen...


The latest is the Yankees have traded away Shawn Kelley to the San Diego Padres in place of prospect Johnny Barbato.  That comes from Robert Murray:
Jack Curry of YES was in the mix on breaking that news too.  Not sure who got it first, but I talk more about Curry in a moment. He has an important nugget about Barbato.
 

Anyway, I'm going to sound awful when I say this... but I'm going to say it anyway. I was never a fan of Shawn Kelley.  I liked him, I liked what he had to offer, but I was never blown away by his stuff.  This is a good move.


In return we get a nice prospect named Johnny Barbato.

Barbato is a righty pitcher and he's 22 years old.  According to Hardball Talk, " Barbato saved 16 games in Double-A. He had a smidge better K/BB ratio and a lower ERA. Curry suggests he could need Tommy John surgery. "

You read that right.  Jack Curry of YES tweeted this interesting nugget:
I love Jack Curry. He's simply the best. The Tommy John nugget is something we will definitely watch.

Meanwhile though, we're getting younger ladies and gentlemen. I like younger. It could be the beginning of a new run for us.  Let's see how this plays out.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017