Wednesday, April 29, 2015

'OVERCOMPENSATING' TANAKA MAY JUST COST HIM A SEASON


Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to Masahiro Tanaka's arm.  I saw an 11 year kid, my own son, overcompensate for an injury we didn't even know he had. And when he couldn't throw anymore because it hurt... and when he couldn't hit anymore because he couldn't open his arm all the way, I just assumed he topped out or he was tired or something.  That wasn't the case.  What happened was he made his body do other things to try and overcome whatever was bothering him.  In the end, we found out he in fact had an arm issue. It was corrected, and this year he's 100% and dominant.  For the record, that arm injury had zero to do with baseball. It was him being a kid and getting banged around with friends.  Now though... he's all better... and pitching his guts out. That's because he can, and he's doing it without overcompensating. And that brings me to Masahiro Tanaka.  A pitcher for the New York Yankees who gets paid millions.  And so, when his elbow started bothering him, he was removed from games to work through it and did.  It's my theory that through that 'rehab', he overcompensated and got through it.  That brings us to this season and him continuing to work through it and overcompensating.  And now, he has a wrist injury and forearm soreness "unrelated to his elbow", according to the Yankees. Yeah right. No... actually it's 100% related to his elbow, I'm sure of it. That's because he overcompensated for his elbow... and there you have it. I feel like I'm right.


Tanaka is a great pitcher, but even at 26, he's got to know that surgery is coming.  Like I've stated numerous times, you need to put things in perspective. So you want to milk it, and not be the same pitcher you signed a monster deal with? OK fine, but don't start "changing up your approach". I suggested getting Tommy John, rehabbing back and hopefully be 100% again.  I could be wrong, but I think I'm right again.  I even had this debate with David Cone recently and he was very strict about NOT doing surgery and I respect that.  Here's that exchange:

But now the writing is on the wall in my opinion.  Yankee brass and Tanaka can claim that this is unrelated to his elbow, but I'm not buying it.  If there's 1 thing I know about the Yankees, it's that they will lie to your face when it comes to a big investment until they actually HAVE to come clean and tell you the truth.


That's what we're dealing with ladies and gentlemen.  Just wait for that other shoe to drop about May 15th or 25th.  Trust me... I know pitching and I know that something is not right.  Why else would I write:  'MYSTERY' TINKERING WITH TANAKA? COME ON MAN! back in March.

Tanaka is on the DL, because he pushed himself to throw differently and didn't even realize it.  That's it. The End.

Call me when the surgery happens.... this is a big joke.

 Be Read. Get Known.

 

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017