Friday, December 29, 2017

THOSE FEW DAYS BEFORE NEW YEAR'S EVE WHERE NOTHING HAPPENS


We are in this place in the year where the world stops.  I mean sure, baseball insiders are writing their best rumors, but it's all the same stuff that's already been reported, it's just repackaged and that in turn gives them a few extra clicks until New Year's Eve.  I'll be the first to tell you that there is literally nothing going on in the baseball universe and Yankee universe worth reporting until next year.  Nothing.

New Year's Eve is Sunday night... a night where we kiss 2017 goodbye and look forward to a new year with new dreams and new accomplishments... not only in Yankeeland, but in life.

I reflect quite often on what we have accomplished here at Bleeding Yankee Blue.  Many writers have come and gone for instance.  Many thought it was easy, but when you need to supply a story daily or are put on a schedule and you need to balance life too... well it's hard.  Many writers have left BYB because they couldn't hack it.  But don't get it twisted, that's not a swipe.  Writing for a website is no easy task.  For one, we're a free shop here.  We don't pay, we write because we have 2 passions... the Yankees... and writing.  We do it for the readers... we've built our own fan base because we rolled our sleeves up and got dirty.  Not many sites can say that... we can.  Not looking for sympathy... I'm just being honest. We don't have to do any of this, but I wanted to make a difference back in September of 2010.  I wanted to throw my voice in the baseball blog ring because I was honest about my thoughts about the Yankees.  If I didn't care for a player, I was no doubt going to tell you. If I had a theory, I went for it, and waited for people to tell me I was full of it.

I've been threatened for opinions.  I was told we'd never make it. I was told I was stupid.  The Internet is a dangerous place.  But when you have a passion, you go for it.  And that's where Me, Suzie, Jeana, Michael, O'Hara and Ike are these days.  We love the grind. We love intelligent dialog and we love to give you honesty and bring your our passion, every day.

But today, maybe tomorrow... those days right before New Year's Eve.... it's slim.  Not a lot of mouth watering Yankee news... not a lot of anything.

And so, if something happens today... we will bring it to you. But in the meantime, take a moment and read our archive.  Take a moment and see if you see anything you like in our BYB store.  And most of all... understand that I am a man of my word... I will not waste your time with non-stories.  Today appears to be one of those days.

I'll keep an eye out, but in the meantime, understand what we're doing here and respect that.

Thank you all for your loyalty to Bleeding Yankee Blue. It's an incredible feeling to know that you look for us to bring you news items, our opinions, and our passion.  It's refreshing to know that you like us, and even if you don't, many of you now respect what we are doing here.

I am ready to say goodbye to 2017.  I am looking forward to 2018.  For the Yankees... but for my life as a man with a love of my families achievements as well as everything we have done at BYB.  You all make my life rich, and I appreciate you all very much.

Look out for more news... obviously if it's out there, we'll bring it to you.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017