Thursday, January 18, 2018

NOW JOSH HARRISON WANTS OUT OF PITTSBURGH!

(Aug. 22, 2017 - Source: Justin K. Aller/Getty Images North America)
When we last spoke about Josh Harrison of the Pittsburgh Pirates,  he was an infielder being considered for the New York Yankees.  That was a few weeks ago.  Harrison was being considered for a second base role with the Yanks, and believe it or not, packaged with Gerrit Cole, it made a lot of sense.

Photo: Getty Images
But since then, Cole was traded to the Astros (Read ASTROS GET COLE, YANKEES HAVE STRATEGY & PIRATES GET LAUGHED AT for more), Andrew McCutchen went to the Giants, and now Harrison is pissed, much like Starlin Castro who is sitting there in Miami as they dismantle that Marlins team too.

(Aug. 21, 2017 - Source: Justin Berl/Getty Images North America)
Here's MLB Daily Dish with Harrison's statement to Ken Rosenthal. It's bold, and I love it...

"Baseball is a business and I understand that trades are part of the business. While I love this game, the reality is that I just lost two of my closest friends in the game. Cole and Cutch were not just friends, they were the best pitcher and best position player on the Pittsburgh Pirates. Now, I am the most tenured member of the Pirates, I want to win, I want to contend, I want to win championships in 2018, 2019 and beyond...

(July 21, 2017 - Source: Matthew Stockman/Getty Images North America)
My passion for Pittsburgh, what it has MEANT to me, what it MEANS to me, can never be questioned. I love this city, I love the fans, I love my teammates. Saying that, the GM is on record as saying, ‘When we get back to postseason-caliber baseball, we would love our fans to come back out.’ If indeed the team does not expect to contend this year or next, perhaps it would be better for all involved, that I also am traded. I want what is best for the organization that gave me a chance to be a Big Leaguer.

You can't blame this guy.

Anyway, I just had to share that.  I found it to be totally awesome.  Who knows, maybe they flip him to the Bronx. We shall see.


20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017