Tuesday, March 20, 2018

I TOLD YOU TYLER WADE WOULD MAKE IT

Photo: Getty Images
When I wrote SEVERINO EARNED THAT. WADE WILL TOO, I wasn't kidding. Tyler Wade had a moment this spring training and Aaron Boone saw something and was impressed. He said then...

"...He’s a better player than I thought... I came in, I think, with some expectations, and the organization thinks very highly of him. But getting to see him and just seeing, almost on a daily basis, something he does with his athleticism and his instincts, I think, have been impressive." 

Just like Boone did with Severino giving him the Opening Day role... he saw it in Wade too.


And now, like the Amazing Kreskin... I can confirm my prediction was true. Tyler Wade has made the Big team.

Bryan Hoch writes:

Source: Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images North America
"Wade believed that he was capable of playing his way onto the Opening Day roster. That positive mindset was rewarded after Tuesday's 8-3 Grapefruit League loss to the Tigers, as manager Aaron Boone announced that Wade will indeed come north with the big club.

'I take it day by day, but I'm kind of looking at the bigger picture here,' Wade said. 'I'm just looking forward to Opening Day and getting after it with the guys."


(March 2, 2016 - Source: Justin K. Aller/Getty Images North America)
And there you have it. It's a big moment for Wade, who's only 23, but impressed his manager enough to give him a shot.

It's something that I'm not so sure we see if Joe Girardi is at the helm.  I'm being honest.  Let's hope Wade succeeds.  This is a great thing.


Shop for BYB Gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017